About J Hill Interior Designs
There are two main goals for J Hill Interior Designs (JHID). First priority is to create aesthetically pleasing and functional designs for the client’s lifestyle/business, and to make the process enjoyable and low-stress! The second and equally important priority, is to “Do unto others as you would have them do unto you”. We manifest this concept by giving our clients a service and intentionality that we would want for ourselves. We truly believe in what we do because we have seen our work produce amazing results, and truly change lives! Nothing is more rewarding than a client coming home to a completely transformed space or home, as well as developing long lasting relationships with our clients. (Read what some past clients have said regarding their 5 star experience on Yelp)
To convey our belief in the importance of hiring a designer, and our confidence in why you should consider hiring JHID, here are the top 10 reasons to hire a designer and specifically why J Hill Interior Designs is the right prospective choice:
1. Save Money (ironically): Hiring a designer can help avoid costly mistakes by creating a cohesive long-term, strategized plan. This mitigates diversion from a plan that could result in a divided look.
2. Professional Assessment: We can give you a professional assessment of your situation, which will lead to an efficient plan of action. We determine what can be re-purposed or reconfigured, and then, what needs to be procured or constructed.
3. Budgeting and Planning: We can help you budget which will save you time and effort. We already know how much certain things costs and their perspective qualities, which prevents you endless amounts of time researching brands, quality and prices.
4. Liaison: We build a “strong bridge” between you and your architect/contractor early on in the design phase, which can heed off overlooks in important matters. We recommend selecting a designer first before any plans are constructed!
5. Plethora of Resources: There are vendors, manufacturers and dealers that are only open to designers, and not the general public. Thus, when shopping for furniture, art, tile, decor, etc., we procure things that you cannot find in stores. Moreover, we pass along discounts on these unique items when possible to help our clients!
6. Contacts: In addition to vendor resources, we have many home improvement industry relationships. We always strive to work only with people who exude utmost professionalism, dependability and quality work.
7. A Trained Eye: We are good at what we do. We have “an eye” for design, and moreover, an eye with a fresh perspective to review your current situation. Our education and experience only add to our ability to know what works and what doesn’t work.
8. The “WOW Factor”: This is our job; to create the “wow” factor. There are so many details, scaling and proportioning, planning and conceptualizing that goes into our designs. All these components are essential for producing a design that will leave you wow-ed!
9. Young and Fresh: We are indeed a young team of designers with not only a fresh and open perspective on interior design, but also, pride ourselves on being fully up-to-date with technology, and thus max efficiency in processes that makes our clients’ lives easier. We are constantly pursuing design, professional and personal development.
10. We are Competent and Experienced: JHID is affiliated with ASID, holds a bachelor’s degree in Interior Design, bachelor’s degree in Business, and a bachelor’s degree is Business Spanish! Furthermore, JHID has a combined 10 years of interior design experience, over 6 years in real estate and residential development experience and has maintained a thriving business for years to come.
Meet Our Design Team:
Owner & Principle Designer: Jessica Tompane
Jessica started the firm after realizing a large gap existed in the design industry, as the market consisted primarily of only high-end, luxury designers.
She came to the conclusion that design doesn’t have to be just high-end; but can also be practical. Jessica prides herself and the firm in being able to accomplish both practical designs and elite designs, with the goal to always be resourceful, creative and deliberate in how you design a space or a home. We morph each design to the exact needs and desires of our clients. No project is ever the same.
Jessica received two degrees at the University of Colorado in Business Marketing and Spanish. After working in the advertising corporate world, Jessica realized following her life-long passion for design could be attainable through a leap of faith and hard work. She began pursuing the technical education and experience in design prior to eventually starting JHID.
Through her technical education in interior drafting, interior computer modeling, sustainable design, commercial and residential codes, materials and resources, and design theory, she adds know-how to an innate sense of design. Jessica can accomplish literally any “style” or “look”, but personally loves the use of color, and believes that we can always find inspiration through nature in any scheme.
Jessica and her husband currently reside in Point Loma, San Diego, CA. They are very active in their home church, and have a passion for God, life, family, friends and serving others.
Interior Designer, ASID: Amy McKnight
Meet JHID’s ASID Interior Designer, Amy McKnight, a passionate and creative designer with an keen eye for creating aesthetic and functional spaces!
Amy is a member with the American Society of Interior Designers, is currently pursuing her qualifications for the National Council for Interior Design Qualification (NCIDQ). She has a detailed and organized approach to creating new life in any space, whether in a complete remodel, or a simple room make over.
Amy grew up in Southern California and started her career as a real estate agent. She soon realized her true passion in interior design from the joy she received in tailor fitting clients to their new homes. Thus, Amy returned to school and graduated from Westwood College of Design with a bachelor’s degree in Interior Design. There, she learned the critical skills in computer aided drafting, space planning and architectural drafting and design.
Amy works very intimately with JHID’s clients, and aids in the creation of the design, produces JHID’s CAD drawings, sources design components, and manages JHID’s purchasing for clients.
Amy and her family currently reside in Coronado, and are passionate and motivated by their faith, family and active lifestyles. She loves the challenge of creating the perfect space for any style, and giving JHID’s clients the look and lifestyle they were searching for.